Sunday 28 July 2013

Tutu: Hell Over Heaven

Archbishop Desmond Tutu said he'd rather go to Hell than be in a homophobic Heaven
Archbishop Desmond Tutu

The incredible Archbishop Tutu, who has spoken out so eloquently in favour of LGBTI rights in the past, has once again reaffirmed those sentiments:


“I would refuse to go to a homophobic Heaven,” Archbishop Tutu said at the launch of a new LGBT global public education campaign by the United Nations Human Rights Office. He added: “No, I would say sorry, I mean I would much rather go to the other place.

“I would not worship a God who is homophobic and that is how deeply I feel about this. I am as passionate about this campaign as I ever was about Apartheid. For me, it is at the same level.”...

“I think it’s as utterly unjust as racism ever was.”

Well said that man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Posts are moderated so there may be a delay before they appear. Thanks for reading!